Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Baked Fish with Sour Cream



We are still trying to recover from the holiday eating.  I guess we try to (or purposely) forget our diets from the last few weeks of the year to the first week of the new year. An attempt to eat light was our objective in fixing this dish.
Also due to a vehicle accident a couple of years back, I try to add turmeric to anything I can put it into, thus the yellow couscous as shown in the photo above.  Turmeric is a good anti-inflammation herb.  Even though I don't feel it, I am pretty sure that is lessening my pain.
For this recipe, I used Mahi Mahi fillets.  Mahi Mahi is a good low calorie, low-fat protein source. It is rich in vitamins B-12, B-6, niacin and pantothenic acid which are vital for healthy skin.
The original recipe from Food.com calls for regular sour cream and mayonnaise.  I have replaced them with a light sour cream and mayonnaise and added more lemon juice.  I also added cayenne pepper which is good for the metabolism.
For added flavor and texture, I paired it with couscous cooked with turmeric, almonds and raisins.
Ingredients
2 fish fillets, 1 inch thick (about 8 oz each)
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 c light sour cream ( I love Daisy sour cream)
1/4 c light mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 c green onions, sliced
1/4 tsp sea salt (I use Celtic Sea salt)
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 c cheddar cheese, grated
Directions
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
Cut the fish fillets in half to make 4 individual servings. Brush the fish with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
Place the fillets in a lightly greased baking pan. Bake between 12 and 15 minutes or until the flesh is flaky.
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, 1 tsp lemon, salt and cayenne pepper.
Spoon the mixture over the cooked fillets and top it with grated cheese.  Return to the oven and cook for an additional 3 minutes to melt the cheese and heat the sauce.
Serve immediately with steamed rice, steamed vegetables or in this case, couscous.
Enjoy!!!


***Note : http://benefitof.net/benefits-of-mahi-mahi/




No comments:

Post a Comment